Sunday, September 20, 2015
15 Mind-Blowing Stats About Social Media
Feb. 4, 2004, marked the dawn of a new era in marketing: the launch of Facebook. Soon after, the creation of Twitter, Google+, and a slew of other social-networking platforms confirmed the notion that social media was--and is--a huge opportunity for marketers.
Along the way, marketers have faced a long list of challenges when it comes to figuring out social media, such as ROI, tone, persona, and process. But on this most can agree: Your marketing strategy isn’t complete if your brand isn’t participating.
Yet the landscape is changing all of the time. The following compilation of up-to-date social-media statistics from around the Web will help ensure your strategy is correspondingly current.
1. Instant services and chat apps now account for three of the top five global social platforms.
2. Worldwide social media users exceeded 2 billion back in August, with 1.7 billion of those being active accounts.
3. There are nearly 1.4 billion Facebook users, 284 million active Twitter users, 363 million Google+ users, 300 Instagram users, 347 million registered members on LinkedIn, and 70 million Pinterest users.
4. Social networks will earn $8.3 billion from advertising in 2015.
5. Eighty percent of marketers say their social media efforts haveincreased site traffic.
6. On six of the seven social networks, brands achieve an engagement rate of less than 0.1%. Instagram is the clear winner in engagement, with brand Instagram posts achieving a per-follower engagement rate of 4.21%.
7. Fifty-three percent of Americans who follow brands via social platforms are more loyal to those brands.
8. Last year the amount of video from people and brands in Facebook's News feed increased 3.6X year-over-year.
9. Fifty-four percent of B2B marketers have generated leads from social media.
10. U.S. B2B marketers are projected to spend more than $100 billion on social media advertising by 2017.
11. There are 1.65 billion active mobile social accounts globally.
12. Facebook maybe the biggest but there are many other social media networks that shouldn't be overlooked. Viber, for example, has over 200 million users. There are 639 million users on Qzone (China), 600 million users on Whatsapp, and Facebook Messenger has 500 million users.
13. Late afternoon to nighttime is the best time to reach people on social. Social traffic substantially underperforms overall traffic from about 5 a.m. to noon, and social substantially overperforms overall traffic from about 3 p.m. until 1 a.m.
14. Where is social media marketing headed? A significant 66% of marketers plan on increasing their use of Twitter, YouTube, and LinkedIn.
15. Only 45% of marketers think that their Facebook efforts are effective.
Source : http://cmo.cm/1PfIqA8