Patrick Osinski : startups advisor, all about Social Media, Marketing, Business Dev, SEO, Design, Digital content, Innovation, Apps.
More about me:
"You know you're on the right track when you become uninterested in looking back."
Thursday, October 8, 2015
50 Ways Entrepreneurship Will Change Your Life
I’ve seen tons of articles talking about what personality andskills you need to become an entrepreneur, but while certain qualities can help you become more successful as an entrepreneur, anybody can become one.
The experience of being an entrepreneur changes you, fundamentally, from the way you think to the way you act and the way you want to live your life. Most of the time, it’s for the better, and occasionally for the worse, but entrepreneurship will change your life. Here are 50 ways:
1. You become passionate about working. Success in entrepreneurship depends on following your passions.
2. You wonder how you ever held a normal job. Each day, that typical office-based 9-to-5 lifestyle seems stranger and less appealing to you.
3. You think critically about everything. Being in control makes you evaluate everything, from your morning coffee to the arrangement of your living room furniture.
4. New experiences become a commodity. You crave new experiences because you know they’re a gateway to new insights.
5. Everything can turn into an idea.Every object, situation and experience you encounter becomes a potential platform for a new idea.
6. You see the potential in everyone. You see the strengths and weaknesses in people, sometimes immediately, and imagine their great potential.
7. You can reduce most things to numbers (if you choose to).Entrepreneurs have to objectively analyze very subjective topics -- the result is your ability to objectively analyze almost everything.
8. You get a new perspective on common situations. Some things seem more important, and others wholly unimportant.
9. You don’t care about small failures. When you stumble, make a mistake or lose something, those failures somehow don't seem as bad.
10. You embrace criticism and feedback. When someone points out something you’re doing wrong, you embrace that feedback as an opportunity to improve.
11. You support other people’s passions. You know the value of passion and support it in others.
12. You appreciate personal freedom more. Once you’ve tasted it, there’s no going back.
13. You make decisions more easily. After making 100 decisions a day, all other decisions in life seem easy.
14. Your problems seem smaller. Your daily crises pale in comparison to what you face as a company leader.
15. Your brain never turns off. You find yourself thinking and brainstorming all the time, with no reprieve.
16. You constantly want to learn new skills. You’re thrilled at the notion of how much you have left to learn.
17. You read more than you ever did before. Books, news, articles . . . you love to absorb new information.
18. You want to meet new people more than ever. You realize the value of new connections, and love to meet interesting new people.
19. You can’t just do nothing. If you feel as if you aren’t making progress at something, you go crazy.
20. Everything becomes a productivity challenge. You want to make everything as efficient as possible.
21. You want to tinker with everything. Your life is a giant experiment.
22. You have an easier time speaking in public. The pressure is off, you become more confident; and speaking becomes easier.
23. You work harder for things. You know your rewards are proportional to the work you put in, so you work harder at everything.