3 tips to help you focus on what matters most.
1. Eliminate distractions from technology
2. Take advantage of “spare” moments.
- Waiting at your doctor’s office.
- Waiting to pick up your child from school.
- Waiting for someone to arrive at lunch.
- Waiting for your spouse to finish shopping.
- Waiting in line at the grocery store.
- These spare moments can be a potential gold mine for being productive and working on your art. Although you may not be at your computer, in the recording studio, or at your easel, you can definitely take advantage of these moments.
- Here are a few ways
- Read a great book. You should always have a book with you, whether it’s a print, audio, or e-book. I’m also a big advocate of speed reading. Check out this video for several great tips.
- Listen to a podcast that will enhance your creative life. (Here’s a great list of ten podcasts for creative people.)
- Think about topics, outlines, or other content ideas for blog posts or podcasts.